I Entered a Writing Contest!?!?!

I entered a writing contest today. and holy moly I am nervous! Especially after reading my entry, because I saw thing i want to change but I've already sent it in! i will give you the story exactly like it was when i sent it in though  I really want to get 3rd place or an honorable mention , ( there is no way i can get 2nd or 1st ) I have never had my writing judged by real judges before so i am kinda dying. But I think my storey is good. 
   
Anyway, here is the link to the monday minute challenge, you guys should enter!

Okay, so they give you things you have to incorporate in your story, you can use one, or all of them, but you have to have at least one in your story. I only used one, a mirror. My submission is 225 words
Revealing Reflection
       In its reflection, I saw myself as I really was.
I remembered as I looked at my myself now, how I used to feel when I looked into a mirror, I was always left dissatisfied, and hurt. “I wasn’t pretty enough, I had too many freckles. My hair was to straight and thin. No one could ever love you” I would tell myself, and I would watch as tears turned my eyes red and puffy.

I saw, I really I saw myself.I didn’t feel like bursting into tears. It is strange, but I was neither happy nor sad, I was...content. For I saw myself as others do, more of personality than looks, or was it that my personality enhanced my looks? Did it matter? No. It didn’t. I couldn’t look away.I still don’t know how long I stood, staring at myself. But a gentle hand pulled me away, saving me from the sin of vanity

     I never saw that wonderful mirror again. But since that day, I have learned not to think only of how people see me, but of how I can improve their day with a kind word. True, there are still days when greasy hair still gets me down. But mostly, I can be happy knowing I am more than what I look like.
                                                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
It's odd but the line "as tears turned my eyes red and puffy." Is my favorite, xD

Anyway, what do you guys think?

Love your friend
~Emma <3

Comments

  1. that's my fave line too x] it's really cool and so true! well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much!It mean so much to me to get positive feedback! I can't wait for Monday, they announce the winners then!

      Delete
  2. Aaye! Mae Govannen!
    I found your blog through Tessa's blog and I thought I should step in to say hello!
    I am Catholic too!!!! I have 10 siblings, so I know exactly how you feel!
    Your entry is spectacular! I hope you win!
    I love doing MMC, and I can't wait till I can do it again!
    ~E

    scribblingpencils.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Esther! Whats Aaye! Mae Govannen?(I might be totally wrong, but it it Elvin?)
      That's so cool,I was hoping some other Catholics with big families would find my blog!

      I LOVE YOUR BLOG ITS AMAZING!
      Thank you, I'm really glad you like my entry!
      Also i got a friend to join the MMC Just a few days ago, so we should find out who the winners are soon!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Changes.

It makes me happy