Of letters and Love

Dearest,


I fell behind today. A storm came up and as I was looking for shelter, I slipped, and suddenly I was sitting in a mud puddle. I ruined the cloak you gave me, I am certain the dirt will never come out.


But all day, I could think of you only, my darling. Even as I sat in the puddle that was to ruin my cloak, I could think of nothing but the laughter my clumsiness would have brought you. Somehow that made it easier to get up and find shelter.


Even so, losing almost a whole day of travel is a crushing feeling.
I must leave the rest of this pitiful letter to you, my love, for another time. For it is getting dark and I must gather wood.    


  Always yours


Beloved,




I have the best of news, last night's frost did not kill me.
I must confess, that as my already feeble fire dwindled down to nothing, I felt all the courage and hope I had ever had leave me; and to fill the hole my lack of confidence left, came despair and loneliness.


So, covered in dirt, the frost like a thieving fox, stealing my warmth, I sat. I figured that by the time anyone found me, I would be nothing but a frostbitten statue.
And than, my dearest, I felt the warmth of new hope and happiness spread through my body. At once I knew I could battle the dark and the frost.
I have a question for you. Did you pray that night? Did you ask God to send me courage?Because what happened feels like a miracle. I think the strength that allowed me to live was from God. We owe Him everything.Pray in thanksgiving tonight my love, as I will.


Yours truly.


Comments

  1. This is so cute, Emma!! Keep up the good work!!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma,
    The way you write brings to life all that I read. I can feel the cold, see the darkness surrounding me... Thank you for blessing those whith your God-given talent:)
    xoxo Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much! This is the nicest and most encouraging thing anyone has said about my writing! Thank you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It makes me happy

I Entered a Writing Contest!?!?!

Summer Changes.