One of my favorite bloggers shares one of her favorite books!



here is a spectacular guest post from a spectacular person, who has a spectacular blog! I love her blog, a very close friend of mine showed me this blog back when we shared a blog with another very close friend. And I loved it right away! Amanda is a very creative funny person as you will come to now if you read her e-magazine and her blog! She graciously agreed to guest post on my blog, and let me post on hers! ( I am not sure when my post will be on her blog, but I hope you like it! 

Here is her post! 


JANE EYRE

Hey, readers! Thanks for hanging out with me today on Emma's lovely blog. It's a pleasure to be here! I'm a voracious bookworm, and have been ever since I discovered the written word. I love both partaking of (reading) and creating (writing) words. Which is perfect, because my website, SKGfun, is a conglomeration of both reading and writing. Love reading? You'll want to read our blog weekly and then check out our bimonthly e-magazine. Love writing? You can guest post on my blog or sign up to be a writer for our magazine next year! 

Today I'd like to discuss with you one of my favorite books, "Jane Eyre." Not only is the book itself fascinating, but the author deserves equal recognition. Charlotte bronte wrote in a time period when society didn't believe women could write. However, the three Bronte sisters kinda karate chopped that notion into a billion pieces! They published their books under male pseudonyms, sneaking feminine insight and knowledge into the world of lit forever. 

So let's summarize the book (don't worry, no spoilers are in here!)...

A lonely orphan, constantly tormented by the aunt and cousins she is forced to belong to. Can anyone in this situation ever be loved? Charlotte Bronte suggests that, yes, they can. Don't let the large appearance of this book scare you away; after reading this novel you'll gain a better appreciation for the art of forgiving and accepting. 
As I stated before, Jane eyre is a young orphan living with her aunt at the beginning of the book. She is sent away to boarding school, which is little better than her previous home situation. In between punishments and lack of comfortable clothing, Jane finds very little to be thankful for. But when she meets Helen, her young, stubborn heart is softened. During a class period, the teacher wrongly accused Helen of misbehaving and punishes her physically. Helen does not argue that she is innocent. She accepts the punishment without scorn, thus teaching Jane an important lesson. This stays in jane's heart, long after she leaves Helen. 
Jane grows up and finds herself in the employment of Mr. Edward Rochester. He is not deceivingly handsome; in fact, he's not any kind of handsome. But as Jane takes care of the little girl in his charge, Adele, Jane finds herself falling in love with Edward. Mysterious circumstances ensue: Jane saves Mr. Rochester from his death when his room is set on fire. 
Eventually, the two share their feelings for each other and Edward proposed to Jane. Jane finally feels like her life is going right. But certain people discover skeletons in the closet, which you will have to read the book to find out about.
Will Jane ever marry Mr. Rochester? Who set his room on fire? And what became of jane's evil aunt and cousins? 

I absolutely adored this book. I must admit, I nearly fell asleep in a pile of chocolate pudding at the beginning (proverbially, of course). I found it quite dull and hard to get into. However, I find most classics to be plagued with this problem. If I can only get in five chapters, I will be able to get through the rest. Despite its lackluster beginning, the book picks up speed quickly. It digs deep into the subject of forgiveness, regarding Jane's aunt and Mr. Rochester. It's so heartwarming to participate in the life of an orphan who grew up unloved but finally finds a family to adore her. It's also wonderful that Mr. Rochester is not handsome. He asks Jane if he is good looking, to which she blatantly remarks that he's actually quite ugly. However, Jane finds that ugly people can become beautiful because of their personalities. 

By the middle of this book, I could not set it down. It has some gothic elements (not emo gothic; rather gothic as in touching in being overall dark and dealing with the supernatural world), as in Mr. Rochester's house, appearance, and secret. Additionally at one point in the book, Jane believes she hears Edward calling to her even though she is miles away from him. I personally enjoy gothic books (Wuthering Heights is another gothic favorite of mine). 

Definitely add this book to your spring TBR list!


 I Don't know about you guys, but I am ready to go read JANE EYRE!

GO check out her blog guys! You'll love it!

BYE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It makes me happy

I Entered a Writing Contest!?!?!

Summer Changes.